God of War III — the last installment of the multi-million unit franchise exclusively on the Playstation 3 — is coming ever-closer to its epic release in the latter-half of 2009. The game’s depth of scale that is four times larger than its predecessor on the Playstation 2, God of War II. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment’s, Santa Monica Studios, God of War III will bring epic battles to life with stunning graphics and an elaborate plot that puts Kratos at the center of the carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him.
“We have large shoes to fill following the success of the previously released God of War titles,” said Stig Asmussen, Game Director for God of War III. “But with refined gameplay and jaw-dropping visuals, I guarantee that God of War will give fans what they have been eagerly waiting for, and much more.”
Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War III is a single-player game that allows players to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he treads through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of Hell once more to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology’s darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
Utilizing a new game engine built from the ground up and state-of-the-art visual technologies, the development team behind God of War III have made significant strides in giving players the realistic feel of actually being on the battlegrounds. With texture resolutions being quadrupled since God of War II,God of War III will feature fluid, life-like characters, as well as dynamic lighting effects, a robust weapon system, and world-changing scenarios that will truly bring unmistakable realism to Kratos’ fateful quest. Players will have a chance to join battles on a grand scale with many more enemies on-screen and be able to interact with levels like never before.
- God of War III is the epic conclusion to the Greek mythological trilogy which will complete Kratos’ story that began in the original title for the PlayStation®2.
- True to the series roots, the four pillars of gameplay – brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling story – all return to make God of War III the ultimate experience.
- God of War III picks up exactly where the action of God of War II left off – Kratos must take his quest for vengeance to the very stronghold of the Zeus. As the Army of Olympus surges out to meet him in battle and the chaos of the Great War is reignited, Kratos must scale the summit of Mount Olympus on the back of the mighty Titan Gaia, leading his new colossal allies in an all out assault on the Olympians.
- The menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III are not only targets of Kratos’ brutal destruction, but can now be manipulated against their will, as he uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation as he makes his way on a quest fueled by hate and vengeance.
- As Kratos continues on his path of revenge, he will uncover new deadly weapons like the Cestus, powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength, and other brutal instruments of war that will allow him to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall to ground attacks.
- Built from the ground up, the brand new engine that powers God of War III was designed for one main purpose – to achieve a level of scale never thought possible. Kratos can now carve through armies of enemies while navigating on the back of a ‘living level’ – a massive, moving, breathing Titan as tall as the Empire State building.
- The PS3 capabilities have allowed the developers to bring the world of God of War to life like never before. Battling in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by hundreds of dynamic lights and featuring textures with quadruple the resolution, Kratos and his enemies now feature realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
God of War III is rated “M for Mature” by the ESRB.
much awaited game for my Playstation 3. will i buy this? we’ll see..
article from NEWS10