If you are able to connect to the Internet but cannot get into Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) game servers or network, it may be a firewall issue. A firewall is a security product that employs a combination of hardware and software to prevent unauthorized users or Internet traffic from gaining access into a private local area network (LAN) or personal computers. Many routers or modems have a firewall built in to them. In order to allow certain information to pass through, specific TCP and UDP ports on the router or modem will need to be opened in the router or modem’s settings.
Below are the TCP and UDP (firewall) port numbers you will need to connect online with PlayStation® products.
- Make sure to enable these TCP/UDP ports in BOTH directions and are entered into the TCP and UDP port fields in your router / modem.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer for proper instructions on how to input port information for your network.
SCEA Game Servers
All games published by SCEA (first-party) may use the following ports for communication with SCEA (first-party) game servers:
- TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 – 10080
- UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070
- TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223
- UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658
PLAYSTATION®3 Remote Play
PLAYSTATION®3 Remote Play (via the Internet) requires:
- If the router in use supports UPnP, enable the router’s UPnP function.
- If the router does not support UPnP, you must set the router’s port forwarding to allow communications to the PLAYSTATION 3 from the Internet.
- The port number that is used by remote play is TCP Port: 9293
USB or Bluetooth Headsets
- TCP Port: 80
- UDP Ports: 6000 – 7000, 50000, 10070
Note: headsets must be compatible
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
- TCP Port: 3658
PlayOnline and Final Fantasy XI
- TCP Ports: 25, 80, 110, 443, and 50000 – 65535
- UDP Ports: 50000 – 65535
If you need port numbers for games published by third-party companies, contact the publisher of the software title directly. See Game Support Contacts for contact information.
im searching on how to configure my NAT to type 2. this would help in finding the right port. article from Playstation.